Tamale Pie #dinner #mexican

Tamale Pie #dinner #mexican

I caught this formula from my Aunt Susan and kid am I happy I did! Truly, you all, stop what you are doing Well NOW and scribble down the fixings to make this Tamale Pie.

This is my total most loved Mexican goulash to date and you all KNOW the amount we adore us some Mexican meals around here!

This goulash was insane simple and next time, I am multiplying it and making it in a 13×9 skillet since I realize the remains would have been surprisingly better and we didn't have a solitary nibble left. 😉

Also Try Our Recipe : Pepperoni Roll Ups

Tamale Pie #dinner #mexican

Ingredients

  • 1 box JIFFY corn muffin mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup creamed corn
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 10 oz can red enchiladas sauce (divided)
  • cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Monterey jack cheese, shredded
  • small handful cilantro leaves, chopped
  • Fresh jalapeño, chopped (optional)
  • Sour cream

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8X8* pyrex casserole pan. Combine egg, sour cream, creamed corn & jiffy mix and bake in casserole dish for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
  2. Meanwhile brown ground beef & onion. Add the garlic the last minute. Drain grease and add salt, cumin & chili powder.
  3. Poke holes all in the cornbread. Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce all over the cornbread. (Save the remainder for serving) Then spoon the meat mixture over the cornbread and top with lots of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until brown and bubble. Top with chopped cilantro & (optional) jalapeños and serve drizzled with the leftover enchilada sauce and sour cream :-)
  4. ***I broke my 8×8 pan last week so I had to use a pie pan, it fit (barely) but I wasn’t able to put as much cheese as I would have liked. Next time, I will use an 8×8 because Mama likes a lot of cheese

For more detail : bit.ly/2tFMlDI

Read More Our Recipe : SOFT PUMPKIN COOKIES

Post a Comment

0 Comments