My Favorite Broccoli Cheese Soup #comfortfood #delicious

My Favorite Broccoli Cheese Soup #comfortfood #delicious

Broccoli Cheese Soup is the ideal soothing supper to make on a cool day! This soup will consistently be one of my top choices. It's flawlessly gooey, it's rich and velvety, and it's simply quite delightful! This is one of my go-to plans, and I love the amazing way rapidly it meets up.

I simply loaded up on more cheddar, since this simple broccoli cheddar soup is a normal at my home when it begins to get cold. I like it superior to anything what I've had at any bistro and I love that it's made with genuine fixings — none of that strange prepared cheddar in this formula!

You'll adore it so much you may even need to bend over the formula so you can have some left for lunch the following day. Trust me, you would prefer not to pass up this formula! It doesn't require a lot, however the final product is just fantastic.

Also Try Our Recipe : Pumpkin Soup

My Favorite Broccoli Cheese Soup #comfortfood #delicious

Ingredients

  • 6 Tbsp butter, diced in cubes
  • 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
  • 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
  • 1/4 cup + 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/4 cups milk (anything but skim), then more to thin if desired
  • 1 (14.5 oz can) chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 3 cups finely chopped, fresh broccoli florets*
  • 8 oz (2 cups) freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
  • 1 oz (1/3 cup) freshly, finely shredded Parmesan cheese
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Instructions

  1. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium high heat. 
  2. Add in onions and cook, stirring frequently until soft, about 3 minutes. 
  3. Add in garlic and flour, and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. 
  4. While whisking, slowly pour in milk, chicken broth and broccoli. 
  5. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture begins to gently boil and thicken, then reduce heat to a simmer and allow to cook, stirring very frequently, until broccoli is tender, about 5 - 7 minutes. 
  6. Stir in cream. Remove from heat, stir in cheddar and parmesan cheese, mixing until melted. 
  7. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with more cheddar if desired.

Recipe Notes
*From about 2 heads of broccoli, use floret portion only. I began with about 1 lb broccoli crowns, chopped off majority of the stems, then chopped the florets into very small pieces about 1/4 - 1/2 inch.

For more detail : bit.ly/2JX2lcV

Read More Our Recipe : White Christmas Pie

Post a Comment

0 Comments